Dennis S. Roy is a Partner of the Firm, and has focused his practice on real estate development and redevelopment for almost four decades. His clients include major commercial and residential developers in California and numerous Southern California cities and redevelopment agencies.
Dennis has extensive experience with commercial and residential subdivision, entitlements and development, construction, infrastructure funding, financing and joint venture agreements, ground leasing and affordable housing. He has been involved in numerous public private joint ventures of regional significance, condominium subdivision, entitlement and development of mixed-use master planned communities, purchase and sale of all types of assets, and ground leases for office, retail, hotel and institutional development. Dennis also currently serves as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Cerritos.
- Represented Developer in development and sale of multiple hundred million dollar mixed use residential/commercial towers in Koreatown area of Los Angeles
- Represented Developer in connection with ground lease modification and creation of leasehold condominiums on County owned land in Marina del Rey
- Represented City of Cerritos in development of Cerritos Towne Center containing over 500 thousand square feet of retail development and a million square feet of office development on ground lease parcels and concurrent development of the Performing Arts Center
- Represented City of Anaheim in connection with development of California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney, Disney hotel development and Convention Center Expansion
- Represented City of Long Beach in Ground Lease for Queen Mary and more than sixty acres of adjacent landside development
- Represented Homebuilders in connection with land acquisition and entitlement, including DDA documentation, Purchase and Sale, Condominium creation and Affordable Housing Agreements with multiple jurisdictions
- Represented Developer in connection with acquisition and redevelopment of major regional mall site in Los Angeles
- Represented Developer in connection with multiple redevelopment projects concerning entitlement, development and leasing of Developer’s Billion Dollar real estate portfolio
Coordinated Publications / Speaking Engagements
- “Dissolving Community Redevelopment,” Urban Land Institute Magazine (May/June 2011)
- “Public-Private Partnerships for Real Estate Development: Beyond Bridges and Roads,” panelist for web seminar presented by Stafford Publications (Aug. 2012)
- “Public-Private Partnerships for Real Estate Development: Structuring, Documenting and Implementing PPP Deals,” for web seminar presented by Stafford Publications (Feb. 2011)
- Lecturer for the California CEB on the subject of homeowners associations
- Guest lecturer at USC on redevelopment law
- Speaker for State and local bar and industry organizations on matters such as real estate development, condominium law, and public private partnerships.