Richard A. Schloss is a Partner of the Firm, and concentrates his practice in the representation of commercial, hotel and residential developers, real estate funds, commercial banks, finance companies and other institutional investors and lenders in connection with real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, venture formation, and conventional, construction, securitized and mezzanine financing. Richard also negotiates office, industrial and retail leases on behalf of institutional landlords and other real estate investors.
- Represented investor with the acquisition of a portfolio of single tenant retail locations and related financing.
- Represented large corporate client in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a new lease for its corporate headquarters.
- Represented hotel management company regarding the sale of a portion of its business to a Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Represented fund client in the acquisition of a preferred equity investment in the amount of approximately $30,000,000 in a five star hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Represented developer client in connection with the acquisition and development of large mixed-use property in Southern Florida. Negotiated ground lease and severance lease with local municipality.
- Represented client in financing and development of office parcel portion of the development.
- Represented capital provider in a joint venture investment and financing for the development of 160,000 square feet of Class A office tower in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented client in the disposition of an 8-property medical office building portfolio containing both fee and ground lease interests.
- Represented client in the acquisition, development, and related financing of multiple low income housing projects.
- Represent mall developer in connection with multi-billion dollar financing, including negotiation of all loan documents, title and survey review and lease review.
- “Capital Markets Update,” Bisnow, July 20, 2017
- State Bar of California
- Cleveland Marshall National Advisory Council