John D. Karavas is a Partner of the Firm. John specializes in a broad range of commercial and residential real estate and corporate related matters throughout the country, including acquisition and disposition, development, leasing, financing transactions, construction and joint venture formation.
John represents developers, landlords, tenants, sellers, buyers, borrowers and commercial lending institutions of all sizes (from pension funds to start-up companies) and sophistication levels.
John also maintains a niche practice in the area of high-end residential acquisitions and dispositions in and around Greater Los Angeles, with a concentration in Beverly Hills.
- Represented pension fund in sale-leaseback of approximately 175,000 square foot Class A Office Building in Los Angeles.
- Represented pension fund in sale leaseback of approximately 375,000 square foot Class A Office Building in Denver, Colorado.
- Represented grocery store chain in acquisition of stores in California, Texas and New Mexico.
- Represented grocery store chain in negotiation of various anchor leases throughout California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas and New Mexico.
- Represented institutional landlord client in connection with a 70,000 square foot retail lease in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented institutional landlord client in connection with retail leases for various big box tenants throughout California and Washington.
- Represented tech company in connection with headquarters lease of 33,000 square foot creative office building in Hollywood.
- Represented tech company executive in connection with purchase of $30 million+ single-family residence in Beverly Hills.
- Represented tech company executive in connection with purchase of $20 million + single-family residence in Beverly Hills.
- Represented landlord client in connection with disposition of shopping center in excess of 200,000 square feet.
- Represented institutional client in connection with disposition of an approximately 300,000 square foot Class A Office Building.
- Represented high net worth family in connection with $90 million loan secured by a Class A Office Building in Los Angeles.
- State Bar of California
- Board of Directors at The Boys and Girls Club of Hollywood
- Licensed Real Estate Broker